Wednesday, January 13, 2010

sleep, or lack thereof

Ok... I do not advise trying to operate on 4 hours of sleep as I've tried to do all day. I tend to stay too late at jam session, and I did not get home until 12:30 this morning... and since I wanted to put up an album of pics from the jam, I wasn't in bed until 2... and when the alarm went off at 6, I really did not want to get up.

@ work, I didn't fade out too much but I can tell that the lack of sleep does affect ability to focus and make sense, especially in conversation. I just put the guitar away. I was sitting on the dining room floor, practicing Black Orpheus, and I found myself falling asleep, Chet Atkins-style (he'd play every night in bed until he fell asleep holding his guitar). So I figured I'd try to see if I can actually blog tonight or if I'm just too goddamned tired to make any sense.

After yesterday's trip to the doc to get 'acquainted' with Kaiser, I decided it made more sense to have my primary care doc be closer to the house at Pointe West. I picked a doc that was born in Taiwan, grew up in Brazil, where he went to med school, and he's also learned and taught acupuncture in addition to Western medicine, meditates and has a family. The perfect doc for me, because I want to try a more holistic approach to taking care of myself than I've used in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment