Monday, June 21, 2010

wonder what kind of shark it was

If they actually caught a shark... which is what their grandmother said when I called today. The children are in Savannah for the next week, and they went fishing at the pier on Tybee this afternoon. There are a lot of sharks out at Tybee (not to mention trace amounts of tritium from the Savannah River plutonium plant contamination - plus there's the lost nuclear bomb (sans core) that fell off an Air Force plane a few decades ago during a training mission... but its buried in sand and supposedly if it blew up it wouldn't blow up anyone real good because a) there's no nuclear core (they're pretty sure about that, just like BP was pretty sure its disaster plan would save walruses and such) and b) they think the bomb is buried in lots of sand in deep enough water you'd have to be far dumber than a recently caught shark to accidentally set the damn thing off) but its the harmless variety that pretty much leave humans alone because its much more fun to chomp bait that a human is dangling in front of them.

If they really did catch a shark, it was probably something like a nurse shark. I've seen 6'ers caught at Tybee. It is amazing how damned surprised the shark looks, too, something along the lines of "Oh f*** I can't believe I was that stupid. And now I'm stupid dead."

I will be baching it Wed and Thursday night as The Blonde is off to Portland for some work related crap. She's going to be stuck in classes about 12 hours a day, and unfortunately, the co-worker she's going with is a super conscientious Japanese woman who won't entertain the thought of that Portland might be far more entertaining if they blew off the stupid classes and just went and partayed. So that means I'll likely do a little bike riding or something. I've got to start cleaning Hotel Blonde with the children arriving in 12 days... the guest bedroom needs to be made up, I've got to think of what food I'm going to feed them (since they are convinced that the food pyramid is basically the outline of a slice of pizza).

(I suppose I could do some new You Tube guitar videos. I'm kind of mildly surprised that Punk Rock Greensleeves is over 1,100 views now. Although that's a miniscule amount of views, its probably far more views than the average You Tube video gets).

Its kind of nice to decompress this evening. I was going batshit crazy with work and the possibility I was going to have to drop everything and fly for a court appointment in a certain unnamed Southern state later this week, but, it appears that cloud has blown off over the Atlantic somewhere. With the dissolution of that cloud, I can actually work at a normal pace tomorrow and not be freaked out (I worked over the weekend to get stuff done just in case... stress stress stress but man I'm much more productive on my Mac Book Pro than I was a on PC. The OS is much more efficient).

Well, me thinks its time to put the Mac Book away and practice guitar. Or go to sleep, as I should get up in the morning and once again do a very poor imitation of a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment