Thursday, May 6, 2010

so i sent my son a Hawkeye basketball today...

As part of my on-going conspiracy to convert him into a full fledged Bird Cult member. Hopefully, his mother has, or will shortly put up a hoop at the CT house, preferably in a well-lit area (they have 4 acres).

Things have been very quiet since returning from Iowa, but my el cheapo laptop is showing signs of dying already, so I'm girding myself to finally Do The Right Thing and purchase a Macbook. I can't keep going through $350+tax winshit machines every 6-9 months; it makes more sense to spend 3x that and get a laptop that will last 3-5 years (and that doesn't run down on battery after 1 hour of use, or have keys that going into stick hell after 6-9 months). More importantly, the Mac has Garage Band and I *need* Garage Band. I looked at the latest line of Macbooks at Best Buy and they've got a pretty good compromise for what I want at around $1100. If you want something decent, you have to pay for it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, just catching up here. I know it's months late, but I'm awfully sorry about your mom. :( Sounds like you're doing pretty well, and I'm glad, but condolences nevertheless.

    Oh, and as the owner of a new 13" MacBook Pro, I highly recommend the staggeringly awesome 10-hour battery life these things have. For me, at least, that alone is worth a good deal of extra expense.

    ReplyDelete