Monday, April 12, 2010

i suppose i should post something since its april

Getting geared up to fly to Iowa on Saturday and begin processing the house for sale, estate, etc. Mom's car is sold, and some of the furniture has already been cleared out. I've ordered a dumpster from Waste Management for the junk, arranged to have the lawn maintained, will meet with the realtor, and the estate tag sale guy is coming next Monday morning.

I've been very lucky to have some great friends help me out back there in emptying out the house so I can go through Mom and Dad's personal stuff. There's a basement and eaves to empty... lots of stuff that *has* to go.  I honestly do not believe there's much at the house that I truly want. Once the door is closed on life in Iowa, its closed, aside from my love of Hawkeye football. That I can easily indulge at a distance, and I'll make it back to Kinnick for a game someday (I'm planning on an outing with my children one of these days).

Speaking of the kids, I've signed them up for Summer School at St. Mary School. He's going to take Chess and Lego Engineering, and she's taking Bead Works and Guitar (surprising her Dad a little bit on that one). Each of one of them is so like me in many aspects... the thinking/science and the need to create split off in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment