Saturday, March 20, 2010

random late saturday musings

If you're an Iowan, it was a rather good day... even if you no longer live in Iowa.

In addition to it being the first day of Spring, The Fraud - He Who Must Not Be Named In New Mexico - went down in the second round of the NCAAs. Iowa's women's basketball team won its first round game, beating its former coach. Iowa wrapped its 3rd in a row NCAA men's wrestling title.

And UNI - The University of Northern Iowa (that I attended my freshman year) knocked off # 1 Kansas in the NCAA men's basketball tournament. GO PANTHERS!

This morning, I ran a 7+ miler - the farthest I've run in almost two years in battling a nagging left leg injury that's affected my hip, leg and left knee. I feel great this evening, even after walking Mr. Dog 3 miles before the sun went down (poor fella is completely crashed in his dog bed, he also spent a lot of time at the dog park this morning), so I put 10+ miles on my legs today. I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow, but I'm on pace now to clock close to 60 miles of running in the past 30 days, which would be my highest monthly total in nearly two years as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment