Sunday, September 5, 2010

its upgradin' time

But first, what's truly more important - Iowa kicked ass and took names today. FOOTBALL! Man I love football season even though it means for the next 11 Saturdays that I'm going to be a paranoid neurotic mess each time the Hawks kick off until the final gun (at which point they will hopefully be ahead on the scoreboard). Eastern Illinois goes down to the Hawks 37 to 7 ... Should've been 50something to 7 but we fumbled 2x... Otoh, no Stanziballs (interceptions) or Rick Sixes (a Stanziballs returned for a TD).

Courtesy of my parents' estate, I've decided to start upgrading my work wardrobe. This means buying Ripoff Ralph. And nice skinny ties. I love skinny ties. Last weekend I bought three pairs of Weejuns (shoelaces and I have major issues I like loafers much better), this weekend it's button shirts and ties. I'm not that wild about khakis per se so I've made the choice to go slightly funky and wear Levi Super Skinny 510 twill weave jeans... Macy's here does not carry the Docker super skinny khakis (I have the feeling I'll have to go to the east coast to find those). 

Anyway THERE'S A SALE so I scored two Ripoff Ralph button downs in light blue (California is into The Complete Pimp Look and it's harder than he'll to find classic button downs) ... And I don't usually look at suits, but I saw that blazers were on sale and I got a new Michael Kors in navy for half off. My old blazer is creeping up on a decade old and while it's in ok shape it's time to think about supplementing it. I'm down to 155 and if I can get back down under 150 I might think about buying a couple of new suits.

I love clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment